Building a new home? Thinking about renovations?
Whether you are building a new home or doing renovations that involve electricity, don’t try to do it all yourself. Electrical projects done without properly trained and certified experts can create safety hazards that may put your family and your investment at risk. If you are upgrading your home, make sure that your investment includes safety insurance! Have the work completed by a contractor that has been licensed by Technical Safety BC.
What kind of work requires a licensed contractor?
- Any electrical wiring work including installation of hot tubs, stove wiring , lights or adding few plugs , car charger station etc.
The benefits of a licensed contractor
- They know all the legal requirements pertaining to regulated electrical work and have the training and expertise required to do the job safely
- They will obtain the required permit(s) on your behalf and make sure the work meets all code requirements
- They will manage the inspection process and repair all deficiencies
- When the time comes to sell your house, buyers, realtors and lenders may require proof that all regulated gas, boiler, and electrical work was done with permits to help ensure the house is safe for future occupants.
these content from technical safety bc website